POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My last radiosity plays (3 pics: 7+5+6 Ko) : Re: My last radiosity plays (3 pics: 7+5+6 Ko) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My last radiosity plays (3 pics: 7+5+6 Ko)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 21 Nov 2000 14:18:02
Message: <3A1ACB9C.34ECFE0D@unforgettable.com>
gemelli david wrote:

> Here I am again with various radiosity small scenes (just for fun)
>
> two interior scenes:
>   as usual, a white inverted sphere with ambient set to 1.0 for light.
>   the corridor has scattering media and a small area_light (my
> parameters was too high: 3h20 for this small image).
>
> the metallic sphere is a new test for rendering accurate metal textures
> (first try with this scene, not too bad I think).

Looks very nice.

When I'm doing metal (or other shiny, reflective surfaces), I usually
reduce the diffuse by (1-reflection)*(standard diffuse finish), or maybe
a little more. I find this gives excellent results, though in the case
of variable reflection, I tend to end up pulling a reasonable-sounding
number out of the air and using that.

-Xplo